Skip to content
- MGM Resorts & GVC Holdings Announce Major Joint-Venture For iGaming – Each company will invest $100m in this major deal. On the back of this announcement, MGM and Boyd announced a market-access partnership for iGaming. MGM has officially announced how serious they are about iGaming. (Another article here talks about the deal points in more detail). Likely to include a 25 year commitment, with an option to buy each other out after 10 years. Insiders say the partnership will likely lead to a merger somewhere down the line.
- Q&A With Chris Sheffield of Penn Interactive – Outlines some of PIV’s plans for the market. Will launch with Hollywood Casino brand. Smart money is on a deal with IGT, but will build some of the platform themselves out of their San Francisco office. Speaks about the challenge finding talent, as there is a lack of iGaming specialists available in the market, which is leading to wage inflation. This is a good read from one of the best in the business.
- Will New Hampshire Bet on Sports Gambling? – Says the lottery has to be involved, and it has to be done electronically, according to one legislator, adding “Do you have a casino in New Hampshire to provide the base?”
- Genius Sports Acquired By Apax Partners – Will infuse a lot of capital to spur the growth of the business in the USA.
- Why Are States Legalizing Sports Betting and Fantasy, But Ignoring iGaming? – The messaging is still bad, and legislators are still uneducated, asking the same old questions.
- Monmouth Park Rolls Out New Bets With a Twist For Haskell – Creating hybrid sports bet/horse racing bet parlays.
- Controversy at Fanduel Sportsbook Leads to Questions, Concerns as NFL Season Nears – Fanduel had payout problems at the Meadowlands, and it’s still unclear why as operators and customers have different recollections of what happened. Fanduel is also planning sports gambling TV shows on TVG.
- The Northeast Will Be The Place For Sports Bets – Article from the Motley Fool says “forget Las Vegas!”
- Caesars to Take Sports Bets in NJ, MS Casinos – Bally’s and Harrahs will open on Tuesday and Wednesday, while Horseshoe Tunica and Harrah’s Gulf Coast will follow in mid-August.
- Parx Links Up With GAN For Pennsylvania Sports Betting – Will be first PA market entrant, will contend with a 34% tax.
- PA Online Casino Plan Riddled With Problems – Despite receiving licence applications, the market’s structure is abysmal. The operators are betting on change, but in some ways were forced to apply or else give up the licenses to outside groups.
- The Anatomy of a $10k Deposit Bonus – Inside the Ocean Online Casino’s large welcome bonus, the biggest in the industry so far, but might have the worst clearance rate at 30x.
- June NJ iGaming Revenue Was Good – But not the best month. July, with a few new entrants, will tell a bigger story.
- Meadowlands vs. Monmouth Park Sports Betting – A comparison that shows it pays to shop around.
- Tabcorp Pays $51.4m to Exit Sun Bets Partnership – The JV with New UK comes to an end.
- SG Digital Partners with Hard Rock Online – Hard Rock’s online product will roll out with SG Digital content.
- NCAA to Study Effects of Sports Betting on College Athletics – Will create a working group of subject matter experts to assess such areas as officiating, NCAA rules, federal and state laws, and the use of integrity services.
- Delaware iGaming Revenue Drops Again – The poorly structured market showed net revenue of just under $70k.
- Golden Nugget and SBTech Partner on NJ, MS Sports Betting – SBTech continues to expand its footprint with this partnership.
- Ohio Treading Cautiously on Legalized Sports Betting – Interested, but moving slowly.
- Early Sports Betting Revenue Suggests Big Things in Store for NJ – Online is on the horizon, and the #’s look promising.
- This Week in Sports Betting – Fanduel and Draftkings making all of the moves.
- Which States Will Be Part of Wave 2 of Sports Betting? – NCLGS conference reviews.
- PA Fantasy Sports Revenue a Pittance – Compared to other gambling formats in PA.
- UK Regulator Puts Breaks on Stars Group Takeover of Sky Bet – The UK’s Competition and Markets Authority (CMA) has called a complete halt to any further action to merge the two companies, citing competition concerns.
- NFLPA Says Players Concerned About Privacy Regarding Legal Sports Gambling – “That information – what our athletes are doing, where they’re going – has a price tag on it. And as more money goes into sports betting, that price tag goes up.”
- Former Macau Triad Gangster’s ICO Raises $750M in Five Minutes For Cryptocurrency Backed Poker Tournaments in China – Title says it all, really.
- Parx, Mt. Airy, Stadium Casino Apply For iGaming Licenses in PA – Other groups following shortly, breaking the stalemate. Mt. Airy likely to launch with poker at the outset, and Parx recently hired Matt Cullen to take the helm of interactive after the departure of Don Ryan.
- For the First Time, Gamblers Bet on Sports at Meadowlands Racetrack – Fanduel sportsbook opens. Many issues with the betting lines, but it’s open and taking live bets, with issues being fixed quickly.
- This Week in Sports Betting: Solid Start in NJ, Draftkings Raising Big $ – Overview of the week of news.
- Scout Fantasy Suing CBS Interactive – Breach of contract, stealing Facebook page are among the accusations.
- New Deal Gives Churchill Downs Operational Control of Nemacolin – CDI will own one PA casino and operate another.