- Online Poker, Fantasy Sports Might Be Part of Larger Illinois Gaming Package – Rep. Mike Zalewski talked about iGaming’s 2018 prospects in the Prairie State.
- UK Gambling Sector Approaching a Tipping Point – New bonus rules introduced, public sentiment declining.
- Ontario Lottery Seeks Sports Betting Partner – RFP issued, with decision set to be made by Fall 2018.
- How Will NY Sports Betting Go Live? – If NJ wins its case, it’s still unclear how New York might evolve.
- India’s Gujarat High Court to Issue Ruling This Week on Poker’s Legality – Is it a game of chance or game of skill? This saga is unfolding!
- Scientific Games Starts Buying Up Stock in NYX – To avoid a potential legal battle with William Hill, Scientific Games starts purchasing stock in NYX, announcing it will buy up more than 50% of the shares in the provider should the takeover fall through.
- Atlantic City and Online Gambling: It’s Working – iGaming was responsible for 10% of GGR in October, this write-up chronicles its rise.
- Caesars Next Great Empire… In Indiana? – Purchases Centaur Holdings for $1.7b after emerging from bankruptcy.
- Floyd Mayweather Backs Wild Poker – Social game created by Playtrex sees Mayweather as the face.
- Unibet is Latest Sportsbook to Increase Its Esports Betting Presence – Sponsoring the CS:GO Blast Series with a prize pool of $250k.
- Belgium Minister of Justice Calls Loot Boxes Gambling – State regulator declares that loot boxes within the game are a form of gambling, potentially shaking up esports in a major way.
- Big Banks’ Blockchain Specialists Are Flocking to Cryptocurrency Firms in Search of Freedom – Executives are fleeing to pursue their own projects outside of the strictures of a corporate innovation lab.
- 5 Companies Dead-Set on Shaking Up The World of Blockchain – Highlights a few interesting companies you’ve never heard of.
- The Complete Primer for Poker and Cryptocurrency – Great guide worth reading.