- Optima Group to Develop Sports Betting Platform With IGT – IGT is licensing its sports betting platform to Optima, where Optima will provide day-to-day management of relationships in markets other than the US, Canada, and Italy.
- Greentube Games Available at Unibet UK – Greentube’s deal with the Kindred group sees them expanding their portfolio to UK customers of Unibet.
- First Nations Communities in Atlantic Canada Not in Online Gambling… Yet – Discussion starting to bubble up about whether or not it’s an area they’d like to expand to.
- 888 & Harrah’s Casino Finally Expand Their NJ iGaming Libraries – Recently rolled out 50 new games apiece, with over 100 titles total. They still trail other NJ iGaming sites that boast 350-450 games.
- No Timeline for Player Pooling for NJ iGaming – Sentiment is that this will be later rather than sooner, as there are many things to iron out. An interview with WSOP.com’s Bill Rini in October sheds more light on what this entails.
- William Hill Names Roger Devlin New Chairman – Devlin takes the helm of William Hill at an interesting time for the business.
- MGM Having “Preliminary Discussions” On Sports Betting Outside of Vegas – Just like everyone else, MGM is kicking the tires on expanded sports betting.
- 8 States That Are Considering Sports Betting Bills – Including Rhode Island and Massachusetts
- Boyd Gaming Purchases Valley Forge Casino For $280m – Interesting movement in Pennsylvania.
- European Esports Market Estimated at $209m – NewZoo report pegs the revenue generated from media rights, sponsorships, advertising, merchandising, and event tickets at $209m in 2017.
- Houston Rockets GM Daryl Morey Discusses Interest, Role in Esports – Rockets are one of four major North American sports organizations to also own a piece of a League of Legends team.
- Siemens Invests in Energy Blockchain Startup – Investment represents an acknowledgement of the future potential of blockchain technolgoy as an enabler of local energy market places, said Siemens CEO.
- Why The SEC Froze Trading in a Tiny Blockchain Startup After Meteoric Stock Run – SEC suspended trading of “The Crypto Company” citing concerns about the “accuracy and adequacy” of information.
- Blockchain No Longer in Proof of Concept Phase – As 2017 draws to a close, there are signs that we are moving beyond the proof of concept era for blockchain tech.