- Seminole Tribe Says Florida Fantasy Sports Bills “Violate The Tribe’s Exclusivity” – Tribe warns that legalizing DFS will see the tribes cease making payments to the state. Connecticut is facing a similar decision after the legislature legalized DFS, pending the approval of the tribes, which the tribes might consider using as a bargaining chip in discussions related to online gaming or other political interests.
- New Jersey Eyes Cutting Horse Tracks in On iGaming – Monmouth Park has long been interested, is the driving force behind the sports betting case, and has a partnership with both William Hill and Betfair. William Hill is also trying to hire an iGaming executive in New Jersey, which gives some indication of where the wind is blowing.
- Sands Suing to Be Able To Make Unlimited Political Contributions – Adelson continues to try to exert his influence.
- LeoVegas Investment Arm Acquires Casino Streaming Network – LeoVentures buys CasinoGrounds, a casino-game live streaming platform.
- Greek Islands of Mykonos, Crete, and Santorini Considering Casinos – Gambling bill proposes new casinos and relocation of existing ventures. Another article on the topic here.
- US Lawmaker Says Games With “Gambling Mechanisms” Should Be Banned For Minors – First domestic action against loot boxes might come from a Hawaii state representative named Chris Lee.
- William Hill Drops Opposition to Scientific Games and NYX Deal – The parties have entered into “independent agreements” to support the NYX deal.
- Sports Betting Scenarios After Christie vs. NCAA – Analysts run through the various possible scenarios.
- GVC Proposes $5.2b Takeover of Ladbrokes – GVC would consolidate Ladbrokes, Coral, and Gala to create a mega-brand that would compete with the likes of William Hill and Paddy Power Betfair.
PUBG Adding More Loot Boxes Amid Loot Box Controversy – They are seeing “relatively strong demand” for cosmetic items in game.
- One Startup is Using Blockchain to Weed Out Advertising Fraud – By tracking advertising on the blockchain, startup GroupM believes it can put a dent in what it predicts is $16b in ad fraud.
- Blockchain-Based Platform Cuts Out Middleman in Collectible Card Games – One solution helps solve some problems in digital card gaming and trading.
- Nokia Trials Blockchain In Bid to Secure Health Data – Begins a project with OP Financial Group to trial new technology.