- Penn National Eyes Purchase of Pinnacle – Would create a unified company operating 45 properties and over $5b in revenue.
- The Stars Group Offloads Stake in Jackpotjoy – Sold their 7.5% interest for $60.9m.
- Ohio Edges Closer to Fantasy Sports Regulation – Ohio Senate passes DFS bill.
- UK Announces EuroMillions Betting Ban – DDCMS announced that it is to ban betting on non-UK EuroMillions through a statutory license condition, trying to close a loophole that lottery betting companies are “exploiting”.
- Which New Online Casinos Could We See Go Live Next Year in NJ? – Hard Rock, Ten Casino, foreign operators?
- Colombia’s Coljuegos A Master Class in Poor iGaming Regulation – Colombia is trying to regulate iGaming, but it seems like everything is going wrong.
- More Gamblers “Self-Excluding” As Online Betting Grows (In the UK) – Article explores responsible gaming in the UK.
- Nevada Sports Betting Eclipses Half a Billion in Handle Again – After a record setting September, October also breaks the $500m mark.
- Penn National Doesn’t Think New Gambling Laws Play Fair – … And is considering a lawsuit to fight them. They have also called the online slot tax rate “ridiculous and unprecedented.”
- If You Authorize Online Sports Betting, You Might As Well Authorize Everything Else – Will logical arguments prevail?
- PUBG Coming to Mobile Devices, At Least in China – Chinese publisher Tencent has announced it’s developing a mobile version, to go along with a localized Chinese release for PC’s.
- Top CS:GO Commentator Paints a Bleak Picture for North American CS:GO – Former professional player talks about how big name teams are leaving the NA scene, which is likely to have a big impact on viewership.
- Can Destiny 2 Be an Esport? – One writer opines.
- Bloomberg: The Blockchain is Bigger Than Any Bubble – Bitcoin is a poor currency and a crazy investment, but the technology behind it is a real breakthrough.
- 3 Ways Blockchain Helps Improve Enterprise Business Models – Digital trust, faster processes, financial efficiency.
- Malaysia Financial Regulator Unveils Blockchain Pilot Project – The Securities Commission Malaysia is exploring the use of distributed ledger technology for the OTC market.