Skip to content
- Pennsylvania: Online Gambling Legalization Effort and Industry’s Potential – Some analysts believe FY1 in PA would generate $230m in revenue, rising to over $360m in revenue on an annual basis. PA Gov Tom Wolf warned that PA will “get hurt” if state lawmakers do not pass a revenue package to balance the budget.
- Kelly Smith Joins MGM as Senior Vice President and Chief Digital Officer – Starbucks veteran to spearhead MGM’s digital development.
- Gaming Nation Acquires Artemis Technology – Gaming Nation acquires its leading competitor in 50/50 raffle.
- Sportito To Target Germany With Daily Fantasy Sports Product Under Malta License – Also hold a UK gambling license, aiming to develop new markets with DFS product. They are facing competition from the likes of Sky Betting & Gaming, making a strong push into the German market.
- 19 States Support NJ in Sports Betting Brief to SCOTUS – AZ, FL, IN, KS, LA, MS, MO, NE, NH, ND, OH, OK, RI, TN, TX, UT, WY, WV. CT is missing!
- UKGC Makes Major Compliance Recommendations to Lottery Operators – In the light of increasing popularity of house raffles, UKGC warns organizers that all lotteries must comply with gambling legislation.
- “Game of Skill” Allows Users To Bet on Bitcoin Price Movements – Bitcoin Market Predictor, from Chicago-based company Level Trading Field, says the tool is based on a very simple pari-mutuel system in which 10 people make a prediction on the future of a publicly priced item, and the person with the most accurate prediction wins.
- FastPick Offers Legal NFL Betting in NJ, With Or Without SCOTUS Ruling – Fastpick rolls out their “fantasy” NFL matchups ahead of the start of the season.
- Sky Betting & Gaming Selects SBTech Platform For Germany Push – Sky will utilize SBTech’s pricing, trading, and risk management service for their sports betting push into the German frontier. SB&G also scrapped their affiliate program in the UK over concerns of predatory behavior, after the UK announced its crackdown on misleading promotions.
- Caesars Getting Ready to Offer Mobile Nevada Sports Betting App Via Miomni – Caesars Entertainment is partnering with Miomni to provide a platform for mobile Nevada sports betting.
- The NFL May Not Like Sports Betting, But It Definitely Isn’t Opposed to Gambling – League has links to lottery, daily fantasy sports, raffles, and advertising for casinos.
- How the $7b US Fantasy Football Industry Makes its Money in 2017 – Short overview of the players and subsects of the market.
- Czech Republic to Ban Online Bonuses, Offers – The Czech Republic has introduced new restrictions for iGaming operators.
- Dean Shannon to Launch Neds – Australian bookmaker Dean Shannon looks to launch Neds, similar to Lottoland, in the Australian market.
- HeroSphere to Launch ICO, Aims to Build a Blockchain Esports Betting Platform – Looks to use HEROcoin to allow for betting and gambling on esports matches, via blockchain technology.
- How Blockchain Technology is Taking Gambling Industry to New Level – Article on how the technology can be adopted in the market.
- The Cost of America’s War on Antigua, Calvin Ayre, and Online Gambling – A new report has exposed the legal, economic, and political cost of America’s pursuit against online gambling. The report can be read here.
- LeoVegas to Exit Australia – LeoVegas follows a number of other high profile operators out of the market after the passage of new regulations.
- Casino Groups Trying to Make Tribes Happy in Sports Betting Legalization Push – Article on the intersection of casinos, tribes, and sports betting.
- IGT and Scientific Games Announce Patent Cross-Licensing Agreement – The industry’s two largest slot manufacturers will now be able to offer games using patented game features from each other’s portfolios.
- Mapping a Future New Jersey Gambling Landscape if Sports Betting is Legalized – Article speculates on what might happen in NJ in the event PASPA is repealed.
- Denial Esports Staff Walks Out as Organization Allegedly Owes Money to 2 of Its Teams – The H1Z1 and CS:GO teams are allegedly waiting to be paid monies they are owed by the organization, staff starts to leave.
- Esports Betting is Destined to Succeed, But Bookies Have an Uphill Battle – Difficulties receiving data is one of the problems facing the expansion of the esports betting market.
- TenGIG Festival to Bring Thousands of Esports Players to Chattanooga in October – The festival, slated from October 6-8, will take place in downtown Chattanooga and is expected to attract 2,000 to 3,000 attendees.
- Why The Philadelphia 76ers Dove Into Esports With Team Dignitas – Interview with Scott O’Neil, CEO of the 76ers.
- NRG Signs 17 Year Old Overwatch Pro for $150k – Jay “sinatraa” Won has signed a $150,000 per year contract with NRG Esports and has joined their roster.
- League of Legends Championship in Boston Draws More Than 20,000 – TD Garden housed the NALCS over the weekend.
- Esports Has a Mental Health Problem, and The Entire Industry Needs To Team Up To Fix It – Panel at PAX West in Seattle addresses one of the perceived problems in esports.
- Singapore Gets First Professional Esports Team – Former head of esports at Razer, Drew Holt-Kentwell, has announce the formation of Chaos Theory.
- NJ Files Briefs in SCOTUS Case – Asks SCOTUS to strike down the ban on sports betting because it illegally forces states to enforce a regulation that Congress wants.