- Study Group Recommends MA Wait to Legalize Online Casinos – A special legislative commission in MA is recommending the legalization of fantasy sports, but to hold off on sanctioning additional online gaming.
- Stronach Group Mulling Plans for MA Racing – The Stronach Group has asked the MA legislature to give the state gambling commission more power to change simulcasting and account-wagering laws in order to pave the way for a proposed partnership on a Thoroughbred meet at the defunct Raynham greyhound track in 2018. Intent of request is to control simulcasting in the state and to receive a cut of revenue from companies that compete with XpressBet.
Daily Fantasy Sports
- Delaware Legalizes DFS, Draftkings and Fanduel to Reenter Market – Delaware became the 14th state to put (fee and tax heavy) fantasy sports law on the books. It calls for a $50k fee and 15.5% tax on GGR. Minimum age of 18 years old, bans contests on college events, horse racing, and law sunsets in 2019 with instructions for a report to revise the law due in that year.
- PA Senate Back in Session, But iGaming May Have to Wait Until The Fall – If legislators cannot reconcile their differences over the next few days, iGaming will be pushed off. This article takes a more optimistic view of PA legalizing iGaming with immediacy, and this describes how the Senate Budget Plan Counts on $200m from Gaming.
- Minimum Salary Set at $50k Per Player for Overwatch League – Blizzard releases more details about their Overwatch League. Signings begin August 1st.
- GameCo Targets Australia, But Hurdles Remain