- California Joins the Fray on Sports Betting – Assemblyman Adam Gray announced the introduction of a constitutional amendment on Thursday that would authorize sports wagering in California. The amendment would take effect if federal law changes to allow sports gambling.
- New York Could Hit the Jackpot with Sports Betting – Opinion piece.
- The Philadelphia 76ers Launch Startup Innovation Lab Including Esports Training Platform U GIT GUT – The 76ers have launched an innovation lab aimed at startup companies, including an esports analytics and training platform.
- A Year After Valve’s Cease & Desist Letter, Inside the End of One Skin Betting Site – Valve sent out a cease and desist letter to a list of 23 skin gambling sites in the middle of July 2016, ordering them to halt their use of the Steam accounts for gambling.
- EU Countries Following Model of UK For Shared Online Poker Play; US Left in the Dust – Mature markets around the world are solving problems to keep online poker attractive in regulated jurisdictions.
- Paysafe Group Target of Buyout by Blackstone and CVC Capital Partners – Sky Betting & Gaming owners targeting buyout of London-listed payment solutions provider.