Daily Fantasy Sports
- Bets Are Off in NY? Regulators Seek to Exclude Prop Betting from Fantasy Sports Law – The NYS Gaming Commission is seeking to limit what a 2016 fantasy sports law allows via draft regulations.
- Georgia GOP Strikes a Blow Against Casino Gambling, Fantasy Sports OK – The Georgia GOP state committee overwhelmingly passed a resolution over the weekend that opposes casinos and horse racing. Fantasy sports was initially included but stricken from the text.
- How an Online Gambling Ban Could Kill Land-Based Casinos – A lawyer recently argued that a bill intended to ban online gambling would not only shut down online gambling in the US, but also unintentionally handicap the land-based casino industry, as it is currently written.
- New Online Casino Aimed at Metal Music Fans Launches – Metal Casino is launching a gaming site for hard rock enthusiasts.
- Pro Esports Players Now Recognized as Athletes in Finland – The Finnish Central Tax Board considers esports competitors to be athletes.
- Casinos Embrace Esports as They Work to Understand It – After drawing 900 competitors to an esports competition at Caesars in AC, they reported a spike in hospitality, F&B, but not gambling.
- The Blooming Relationship Between Esports and Online Poker – Short article about crossover.
- Crown Resorts To Offer Skill Based Gaming – The company is working to develop new entertainment product options that would be showcased at future gaming events.
- Russian Slot Hacker Takes Aristocrat Machines for Millions – Aristocrat confirmed that a Russian hacker who claimed to be able to turn casino machines into virtual ATMs tried to extort the company. More from Wired here.