- Hong Kong Bets on Esports – Hong Kong government hopes esports can be a tourism draw, starting with the ICBC (Asia) esports and Music Festival this weekend – its first major esports event with an investment of nearly $4.5 Million.
- Is Esports Right for my Business? – Article takes a closer look at some of the nuances of the market.
- Activision Blizzard Details Vision for Esports in Thursday Earnings Call – Revenue share agreements between company and team owners, revenue from ticket sales, establishment of a framework to mirror a professional sports league.
- Top 10 Games in Worldwide Revenue from January to June 2017 – League of Legends leads the pack for PC games, with FIFA 17 and Grand Theft Auto leading the way for console games.
- Paysafe Agrees to Over $3 Billion Takeover Terms – CVC Capital Partners and Blackstone bid for the payments giant.
- Tribes Scramble to Figure Out How Sports Betting Can Fit Into Indian Gambling Under Federal Law – “It’s a dynamic that could shift the landscape of gaming in many states” says Valerie Spicer.
- Forget the Political Posturing: California Sports Betting Would Not Violate Tribal Rights – With the introduction of a consitutional amendment to allow sports wagering legislation in CA, some state tribal reps have asserted that doing so would violate their tribal-state gaming compacts, even threatening to withhold compact mandated payments to CA if sports wagering is adopted. David Fried argues this is not credible.
- Gaming Suppliers Form Advisory Panel for Product Innovation – The Innovation Adoption Advisory Panel members include Interblock, GameCo, Foxwoods CEO Felix Rappaport, Rush Street Gaming CEO Greg Carlin, and others.