New Jersey Online Gambling
- Strip Club “Scores” Goes Live With Real Money Online Gambling Product in NJ – Operating under the Borgata brand and using the Pala Casino software, the famous strip club chain is trying its hand in the online gambling market.
- Former MLB Commissioner Fay Vincent: “Legal Betting on All Major Sports Is Not Far Off” – MLB commissioner from 1989 to 1992 penned an editorial to the NY Times, showing his bullishness on the legalization of sports betting in the USA.
- Sports Betting Legislation Will Need Approval of Tribes in Many States – Legal experts say that efforts to legalize sports betting may conflict with federal law and casino regulatory agreements governing American Indian tribes in 29 states.
- NIGA Joins Coalition to Fight for Sports Betting – the National Indian Gaming Association has joined the American Sports Betting Coalition in its push to repeal the federal ban on sports wagering.
New Jersey Online Poker
- Shared Liquidity Plans Between NJ and UK Stalls – Last year the NJDGE and the UKGC agreed to allow three gaming companies to have shared online poker liquidity, but there has been no movement.
- NJ Eyes Online Poker Compacts with Nevada and Pennsylvania – Wide ranging interview with Dave Rebuck sheds some light on NJ iGaming plans.
Daily Fantasy Sports
- Fantasy Sports Should be Treated Like Online Gaming, MA Panel Says – A special commission in Massachusetts voted to recommend that DFS be included under a definition of online gaming, despite push back from Draftkings.
- Fanduel Withdraws From UK Market – Said to be focusing efforts in North America in what many view as a make-or-break NFL season for the company.
- Madison Square Garden Company Buys Controlling Stake in Counter Logic Gaming – MSG’s first foray into the esports market, and reality esports TV show coming out of Australia and Southeast Asia.
- BBC To Begin Covering Esports – UK National broadcaster is to begin showing live esports coverage through a deal with the newly-formed Gfinty Elite League.
- Philippine Government Signaling Support for Esports Market – Esports in the Phillippines has received a significant boost after the country signals its official support for the industry.
- Massachusetts Lottery Profits Top $1B as Overall Sales Dip – MA tops $1B in profit for the first time in 45 years.
- Hao Tang Buys Up 15% of Amaya – Investors formerly linked to David Baazov have been increasing share in Amaya through stock purchase.
- Japanese Casino Regulations Might Hinder Market – Operators considering scaling back proposed investments.
- IGT Forms Chinese Lottery Venture – Links up with a subsidiary of Telling Telecommunication Holding Co to launch a new lottery venture in China.
- Australia’s Online Gambling Crackdown Attracts Black Market Experts – Ignition Casino enters the market as most plan their exit.