Daily Fantasy Sports
- India High Court Finds Fantasy Sports A Game of Skill in Landmark Ruling – the Punjab and Haryana High Court has ruled that playing fantasy sports cannot be considered gambling in case that involved Dream 11, the global market leader in fantasy cricket.
- Fanduel Hands More Equity to Backers in Merger-Termination Deal – As a consequence of the failed merger, the proportion of Fanduel’s stock that is owned by Shamrock, KKR, and other investors including NBC Sports Ventures, Google Capital, and Time Warner Investments has increased from 54% to 71%. This also overrides Fanduel’s right to buy back the shares issued as part of 2014 and 2015 rounds.
- Australia’s Getting A City-Based Esports League – Gfinity Esports Organizers look to create eight franchises in Australia’s largest cities.
- GINX Esports TV to Broadcast Live Coverage of The International – GINX Esports TV has announced it will be broadcasting live coverage of the DOTA 2 International on its multi-language esports TV channel, through a partnership with SKY and ITV. The prize pool is over $23 Million and rising.
- 2017 Midyear Esports Predictions – Overwatch rises, esports reaches American mainstream, profits on the horizon?
- Breon Corcoran Exits Paddy Power Betfair as CEO – To be succeeded by Peter Jackson.
- Betfair NJ Joins Forces with GAN and Colossus Bets – Betfair has confirmed the arrival of Colossus Fracpot Cash Out Slots to its NJ site. Colossus Fracpot enables players to cash out their position and bank profits in fractions after each real resolves. When the game was introduced on Sky Vegas in 2015, it became Sky’s second biggest grossing game for that quarter. This is how the game works.
- Oregon Eyes Online Lottery In an Attempt to “Join the Current Century” – The new Oregon lottery director has made online a key part of his 3 year plan.
- Nomura Predicts Japan To Reap $7B From 2 Major Integrated Resorts – Japan-based credit debt watcher Nomura forecasted $7B USD in GGR from 2 major integrated resorts.
- Poker Liquidity Deal Inspires 888, Playtech, and Winamax to Renew Poker Push – After years of stagnation and frustration, the poker market is about to get a shakeup in Italy, Spain, France, and Portugal after a shared liquidity deal was announced.