- PartyPoker to Exit Australia – Following new gambling regulations, PartyPoker follows other operators out of the market. PartyPoker has also unveiled a $35 Million Guaranteed tournament series.
- Online Gambling Legalization Reappears in New Hampshire – Bill H562 set to be heard on September 6th, though the bill is a 2 paragraph placeholder. The bill’s aim appears to create a “white market” like the UK, open to operators across the globe.
- MGM Grand To Launch Las Vegas’ First Virtual Reality Arena – MGM’s Level Up Lounge to host a 2,000 square foot arena, fitting up to 8 players at a time, to play VR games. MGM has also announced that they are accepting digital payments – Android Pay, Apple Pay, Google Wallet, Samsung Pay – at point of sale at its 12 Vegas properties.
- RotoGrinders Acquires Fantasy Insiders – Largest daily fantasy sports affiliate and forum acquires niche fantasy strategy content provider.
- DRAFT Inks Deal with Floyd Mayweather – New DFS site recently acquired by Paddy Power Betfair inks a deal with Mayweather before his fight against Conor McGregor, who recently inked a deal with BetSafe. Draft also has influencer deals with Shaquille O’Neal, Richard Sherman, Chad Johnson, following in the footsteps of how Draftkings/Fanduel grew in 2015.
- Roger Goodell To Sign New 5 Year Contract Extension – Goodell and the NFL represent potential opposition to legalized sports betting, though the conversation appears to be warming.
- Silver.tv Raises $9.8m to Make Esports Spectating Less Passive – Silver.tv aims to bring 360-degree views to traditional content via their patented technologies which allows viewers to change their perspectives and determine where they want to direct their attention.
- Esports Roundup – Tencent Launches Arena of Valor in Europe, Skillz Acquires Esports Patents, Overwatch League Gaining Traction
- Goto.Game Launches to Bring Game Content, Events, Activations, Competitions, Influencers in 1 Ecosystem – Goto.game will identify new sponsorship opportunities for brands, influencers, and gamers, provide a web portal for news, opinions and reviews, develop and stage esports events, and run social media activation.
- Gimli Aims to Disrupt Esports Through Blockchain Technology – Esports betting platform built on Ethereum blockchain aims to disrupt a disruptive market.
- Microsoft Turns Physical Stores into Gaming Arenas with League of Legends Event – Microsoft partnering with ASUS Republic of Gamers and HyperX to host weekly LoL events at its physical stores across the US, Canada, Puerto Rico, and Australia.
- Betway Secures Sponsorship of ESL Pro League – In its 6th season, 14 European and North American teams battle it out for a $1m prize pool.
- Gwent Getting $850k Masters Tournament Series – Card game launches series of tournaments culminating in an event with $850k on the line.