- MA Special Commission For Online Gambling Urges MA to Hold Off Online Poker, Casino Legalization… For Now – The Special Commision on Online Gaming, Fantasy Sports Gaming, and DFS submitted a draft report to the legislature recommending legalizing DFS as a subset of iGaming and enacting legislation that would put into law the proposed regulatory, governance, and taxation system, but does not recommend legalizing an expanded program. They recommend the state should wait until MGM and Wynn open so the impact can be judged. More analysis here from Steve Ruddock.
Daily Fantasy Sports
- Rob Phythian and Paul Charchian to Relaunch Fanball – Says Draftkings and Fanduel are “doing it wrong.” Charchian is a longtime head of the Fantasy Sports Trade Association, Phythian is a longtime fantasy industry veteran.
- Draftkings Upset with MA Regulator Classifying DFS as Online Gambling – Yesterday’s report recommends DFS is regulated as online gambling activity within MA.
- What Does the NCAA Do if NJ Wins Its Sports Betting Case? – Dustin Gouker opines.
- Z Capital Partners Buys Daily Racing Form, Eyeing Future of Online Sports Wagers
- Delaware iGaming Falls Sharply in June – Three operators generated combined iGaming net revenue of $202,056 in June, a fall of 33% YoY, with revenue falling across all product segments.