- American Gaming Association Taking New Responsible Gaming Code Online – The AGA released a new code of conduct for responsible gambling, extending it to online gambling operations for the first time, and includes increased transparency surrounding odds and payouts on casino games.
- Michigan Online Gaming Bill in Revision Process – SB 203 is still in play, and a new draft is in the works in an attempt to legalize iGaming in Michigan.
- Is US Online Gambling Regulation One Step Closer? – Article from the London Economic explores the high-level politics.
- Team EnVyUs To Receive $35 Million Investment from Hersh Family Investments – The deal is one of the largest reported esports team acquisitions in history, but does not eclipse the $100m investment in Virtus.Pro from Alisher Usmanov.
- Gfinity’s UK Broadcast Deals Highlight Esports Gambling Opportunities, Challenges – Three recent announcements from UK-listed esports tournament and broadcasting provider Gfinity have highlighted the potential for esports to enter the entertainment mainstream, but they leave open questions regarding the opportunity for gambling operators to capitalize on the growing popularity.
- Paris Mulling Inclusion of Esports in 2024 Olympic Program – Co-President of the Olympic Committee Tony Estanguet told AP that he is mulling the addition of video games to the agenda.
Daily Fantasy Sports
- Fanduel Introduces Hybrid Daily Fantasy and Season Long Contests – In a smart move, Fanduel moves to leverage a broader audience with a new piece of technology.
- Caesars Launches WeChat Pay for Chinese Visitors – Chinese tourists can now use WeChat Pay, a Chinese digital wallet similar to Apple Pay, to buy food, show tickets, or souvenirs at 16 POS locations inside Caesars Palace, the Linq, and Paris.