- eSportsPools Takes First License For Virtual Goods Gambling – This is a first of its kind license to specifically cover gambling with virtual goods – aimed at skin gambling – awarded by the Isle of Man. Skin gambling has seen billions of dollars in handle in the unregulated esports gambling market.
- Pariplay Signs Content Deal With 1X2 Network – Deal will see Pariplay leverage more than 70 HTML5 titles, including virtual sports, table games, keno, and slots from Iron Dog Studio and 1X2gaming.
- Pokerstars Slashes Loyalty Programs, Alienating Professional Players – In order to maintain a healthy poker ecosystem, Pokerstars is making major changes to its game economy, much to the dismay of the professional poker players. On the other hand, they are introducing incredible new variants like Power-Up Poker, melding poker and e-sports.
- Poker, Online Casino Officially banned in Australia – The Senate passed a modified version of the Internet Gambling Amendment Bill which includes a provision outlawing the game. The bill will go into effect in 30 days.
- Live Streaming: Still the Hottest Vehicle for Promoting Poker – Both online and land-based poker providers continue to embrace the medium as a means to reaching their target audiences.