- MLB Commissioner Rob Manfred Wants to Help Shape The Regulatory Scheme for Sports Betting– these appear to be the first comments from any of the leagues in wake of the news that the US Supreme Court would hear NJ’s case in its ongoing quest to legalize sports betting.
- Blizzard Announces First Seven Overwatch League Owners and Cities: Owners include Robert Kraft (New England Patriots), Jeff Wilpon (New York Mets), Ben Spoont (Misfits), Noah Whinston (Immortals), Andy Miller (NRG), Kevin Chou (Kabam), NetEase. Cost of entry is $20 million.
- Riot Games’ Mid-Season Invitational (MSI) Had More than 360 million Unique Viewers – according to statistics from Riot Games, a total of 364 million unique viewers from around the world watched the event, with a peak of 4.3 million concurrent views.
Daily Fantasy Sports
- NJ Ready to Legalize and Regulate Daily Fantasy, Still Big But Not Booming: The Senate two weeks ago passed and the Legislature sent to the governor a bill to allow daily fantasy sports betting in New Jersey.
- Fanduel Evaluating Whether or Not To Drop Merger with Draftkings: A challenge by the U.S. government has the company evaluating its next steps, says CEO Nigel Eccles. Another article here.
- Draftkings & Fanduel Class Action Lawsuit Begins in Massachusetts Courtroom: Attorneys for Draftkings and Fanduel will be in a Boston courtroom on Wednesday as a hearing gets underway to dismiss a class action lawsuit against the DFS sites.
Pennsylvania Online Gambling
- Pennsylvania Gambling Expansion Still on The Table, Governor Tom Wolf Allows Underfunded Budget to Pass: Expanding Pennsylvania’s gambling to the internet is not dead yet as budget deficit still looms.
Michigan Online Gambling
- Amended Online Gambling Bill Emerges in Michigan – Senator Mark Kowall submits slightly revised bill, iGaming still alive for debate in MI.
Gambling and the Law
- Lawmakers Press Attorney General Jeff Sessions Over Online Gambling: Virginia Democrat Mark Warner recently wrote a letter to Sessions that was a demonstration in misinformation. This article explains why Warner gets his facts wrong.
- Malta Gaming Authority Publishes a White Paper Proposing Major Reforms to their Gaming Legal Framework: The main objective behind this proposed overhaul is to repeal all of the existing legislation and replace it with a more streamlined solution.
- Florida Judge Reverses Ruling, Rules Pre-Reveal Games Are Illegal Slot Machines – Judge John Cooper files a final declaratory judgment which allows Gator Coin II – The Jacksonville company that distributes the games – to now appeal to the 1st district.