Sports and Gambling
- Tilman Fertitta To Buy Houston Rockets? – The NBA doesn’t prohibit owners to have financial interests in the gambling sector.
- Goodell Mostly Silent as His Peers Discuss Gambling – Conference featuring sports commissioners had Silver, Bettman, and Manfred chime in on gambling, Goodell said very little.
- Is Adam Silver a Hero of Sports Betting, or is he a Hypocrite? – Dustin Gouker argues that Silver is saying one thing, doing another.
- India Considers Sports Betting Legalization – The Sports Secretary, Injeti Srinivas, placed the issue on the table for discussion.
Brazil Online Gambling
- Brazil Takes Further Steps To Prevent Local Players Depositing and Playing at Offshore Casinos – New initiative comes through as Brazil continues to look at developing and regulating gambling market.
- Over $2.1 Million Raised for New Virtual Reality and Esports Cryptocurrency – NEVERDIE raises at least $2.1m in initial coin offerning, fundraising without regulation.
- Street Fighter V Grand Finals at EVO Has Slight Drop in Viewership YoY – 180,000 tuned in on ESPN2, dropping from 201,000 in previous year.