- GameCo Secures License Agreement with BANDAI NAMCO to Adapt SOULCALIBUR II as a Skill-Based Video Gambling Game – the companies will jointly develop a skill-based gambling video game based on the popular fighting game SOULCALIBUR II.
- DOTA 2 Prizepool Eclipses $20 Million, Now Largest in Esports History– the prize pool for The International nears $21 million.
Sports Betting & Daily Fantasy Sports
- Will The Supreme Court Give Gambling Back to the States? – Nelson Rose examines the states rights issue that will be decided in the Supreme Court.
- Sports Betting: Opportunities Outside of Nevada – August 9th webinar will feature Will Green, Dan Kustelski, and Dan Shapiro.
- Op/Ed: Will Fanduel and Draftkings Get Into Sports Betting Now That the Merger is Off the Table? – Dustin Gouker explores.
- State Lotteries Fight “Jackpot Fatigue,” Casino Competition – With lottery proceeds flat or declining, and states reluctant to raise taxes to make up the difference, pressure is mounting to keep players playing and money rolling in. Another article discusses the declining trend further.
- Debate Over Online Gambling Laws for Tribes in Michigan Continues – SB 203 continues to undergo amendment in effort to alleviate issues.
Cryptocurrency and Blockchain
- Peerplays Blockchain Michael Maloney Interviewed by Becky Liggero – article discusses blockchain technology as it relates to gambling and regulation.
- Cirsa Acquires Novomatic’s Casinos in Peru – the move is reported to allow Novomatic to focus strategy on commercialization of gaming machines within the Peruvian market.
- Resorts World Announces $400 Million Expansion – the project includes a hotel, restaurants, retail stores, and additional slot machines.