- New York Sports Betting Coming Down To The Wire – Revised version of the bill making its rounds.
- One Type of Sports Betting is Legal in Washington State – Regulated sports pools are legal in the state, poking another hole in PASPA.
- Portugal Relies on iCasino Growth As Sports Bets Flatten – The regulated iGaming market relied on its iCasino vertical to provide a YoY boost in Q118.
- Italy’s Sports Betting Activity Rises Online, Falls at Retail Level – Seems to be a growing global trend.
- Draftkings’ Fastest-Growing Fantasy Game Category Was Esports – Entries for League of Legends fantasy games went up 59% in 2017, and on track to grow further in 2018.
- Belgian Gaming Commission Details What Loot Boxes It Considers Gambling – Crackdown on video games that regulators perceive take advantage of minors continues.
- Esports The New Football Scholarship? – Gaming scholarships for college grew 480% last year.
- Activision Blizzard Ready to Open Floodgates to Advertising in Esports – This proves to be popular for advertisers.
- Victoria Australia to Slash iGaming Tax Rate – Concerted lobbying effort by bookmakers will see the 8% PoC tax introduced, instead of 15%.
- Online Gambling Takes Over Majority of Danish Gambling Market – The Danish Gambling Authority released a report showing the online sector now pulls down 51.5% of total gambling revenue in the country, up from 47.6% in 2016.
- Bitcoin Plunges Ahead of NY Blockchain Week, Facebook Eyes Cryptocurrencies – South Korean prosecutors raided the country’s largest crypto exchange over fraud concerns, sending Bitcoin tumbling to a 3 week low.
- Crypto Powered Beer Vending Machines? – One San Francisco startup is betting on the power of blockchain and beer.
- Crypto Investment Bank Debuts in Hong Kong – It was only a matter of time, but Clipper Coin Capital is attempting to be the Goldman Sachs/Morgan Stanley of Crypto.