- Fanduel Acquisition Talks Kick Into High Gear – Fanduel is linked to a reverse merger with Platinum Eagle Acquisition Corp, potentially allowing Fanduel to go public while avoiding an IPO.
- A Look at Portugal’s First Full Year of Regulated Sports Betting, and Lessons For the US Market – Interesting numbers and implications out of a highly regulated, new market for sports betting.
- Brazil’s Long-Delayed Gambling Bill Loses Strength in Senate – Bill meant to liberalize gambling – including online – was voted against in committee.
- FanDuel’s New March Madness Game Lets Casual Fans Pick Teams Instead of Players – Over the last year or so, the DFS companies have shifted their focus away from skill gaming and more towards casual games.
- Aristocrat Files Suit Against AGS To Defend Buffalo Brand and IP – Aristocrat has filed suit in Nevada, alleging that AGS is infringing upon its brand.
- Is Golden Nugget’s Lead in NJ Insurmountable? – OPR opines.
- 15 Esports Teams Confirm Entrance to Inaugural H1Z1 Pro League – Las Vegas will host the inaugural event.
- Australia Adds Games With Loot Boxes to its Online Gambling Guidances – Loot box controversy continues to loom.
- NHL Launches First Esports Tournament Around NHL ’18 – NHL getting into the esports fray.
- Investors Eye Dragon Coin – Token sale may raise more than $400m, which would be one of the largest token sales ever (but not the largest, as Telegram raised close to $1b in a presale). Grand Korea Leisure casinos have signed a crypto deal with Dragon corp.