- Don’t Look Now, But Online Gaming Is Spreading Across the US – Many states are considering online gaming… finally.
- Sportech Lands Multi-Channel Deal with Parx Racing – Sportech Racing and Digital has agreed to provide new digital platforms for web and mobile betting on horse racing through Parx Racing.
- Apple Co-Founder Hints at AR Potential in Gaming – Steve Wozniak spoke with Gaming Innovation Group in Malta, taking questions from the audience, and hinted at more rapid adoption of AR for gaming.
- GVC Shareholders Back Ladbrokes Coral Acquisition – GVC agreed to purchase Ladbrokes Coral for $5.55b and combine the two businesses.
- Paddy Power Betfair CEO: Company Has a “Head Start” On US Sports Betting Market – Draft, Betfair, TVG all give Paddy Power a leg-up in the market over some others.
- Key NY Senator Introduces Sports Betting Bill – Bill contains a lot of the talking points from the sports leagues.
- Fanduel, Draftkings File Motion to Dismiss Illinois Fantasy Sports Case… That They Started – The companies have had an active case since 2015, and are moving to dismiss. The case was aimed at answering the question of whether or not DFS was a game of chance or skill. Fanduel is linked to a possible reverse merger with Platinum Eagle Acquisition Corp, which would see them listed on NASDAQ, and may be looking to clear this case before a sale.
- William Hill Gambles on Sports Betting Boom in US – After selling its Australian business, the focus for the betting giant is on the emerging US opportunity.
- Las Vegas Sands Agrees to $1.3b Sale of Sands Bethlehem – Poarch Band of Creek Indians of Alabama are expanding to Pennsylvania.
- Pariplay Inks Partnership with Amanet – 100 new cutting-edge video slots will join Pariplay’s FUSION RGS.
- Former NFL Linebacker Pitches League-Friendly Illinois Sports Betting Bill – Bill contains many league-friendly provisions.
- No Sweat in Esports, But Plenty of Fans and Money – Is it a sport… or a hobby?
- Comcast Makes First Big Bet on a Multi-Blockchain Future – The venture arm of Comcast is leading a $3.3m seed investment in Blockdaemon, a NYC based startup that creates enterprise software for interacting with a wide range of blockchains.
- Ripple Develops Blockchain-Powered Payment App With 61 Banks – Aims to speed up transactions in Japan.
- Why Blockchain is Booming in Liechtenstein, The 6th Smallest Country in the World – The country is extremely friendly to the new business, and is making moves.