- Nevada Congresswoman to DOJ: Don’t Use Wire Act to Stop Online Gambling – Rep Dina Titus is urging the DOJ to maintain a narrow interpretation of the wire act, in the face of efforts from Sheldon Adelson and co.
- 888 Adds 43 Games in New Jersey – After years of letting its online casino in NJ stagnate, 888 Casino is suddenly firing on all cylinders.
- Connecticut Lawmakers Hint at Online Gambling – Following a hearing in CT last week, iGaming is a hot topic in CT.
- Scientific Games Digital Names New Senior Executives – SG Digital unveils some new hires to manage the next iteration of their business.
- Northern Territory Fined William Hill For “Multiple Failings” Ahead of Stars Group Deal – $14k in fines were levied against the operator for failing to prevent a self-excluded problem gambler from reopening a wagering account.
- MGM Springfield Adds Topgolf Simulated Golf to Entertainment Venues at Casino – MGM’s property will have an interesting “esport” twist.
- Interview With Chris Armes – Group Chief Technology Officer at SG Digital
- The Leagues Are Confused About What They’re Asking For – As sports betting momentum continues to rage like a wildfire around the US, the leagues are contradicting themselves and confusing their talking points. One opinion says the NBA’s demand of 1% of sports bets could doom the industry before it even gets going.
- With New Arena, Vegas Betting Big on Esports – Esports Arena Las Vegas opens at the Luxor on March 22.
- President of German Football Association Calls Olympic Esports “Absurd” – With discussion around including esports as Olympic sports, one executive scoffs at the idea.
- Accusations of Rigged Tryouts Engulf NBA’s New Esports League in Controversy – An open tryout is being accused of not being so open after all.
- Popular Ethereum Casino Now Offers 1000+ Gambling Games – The new “black market” is growing.
- VideoCoin Raises $35m For Blockchain to Rival Amazon Video – Entrepreneur Halsey Minor aims to tap idle computers to process video cheaper than Amazon and Google.
- Blockchain is a Surprisingly Hot Topic at China’s Annual Political Gathering – Chinese business leaders discussed Blockchain and ICO’s at an annual summit.