- West Virginia Passes Sports betting Law – Pending the Supreme Court decision, WV is poised to legalize sports betting… without an integrity fee. The Governor didn’t sign the bill into law, but let it go inactive and automatically become law. The Governor supports a partnership with the leagues.
- Philadelphia iGaming Applications Coming Available – iGaming licenses will be up for grabs in PA starting in April.
- Paddy Power Betfair Targets Takeovers in Australia – PPB has set out plans to pursue further acquisitions in Australia after missing out on the deal for William Hill.
- PA Gaming Control Board Assures DFS Players Won’t Notice Much Difference With “Regulated” Sites – Mostly, because regulation for DFS is “light” to say the least.
- WSOP Circuit Will Award a Ring For Online Poker in NJ – This is a first for NJ, but has precedent in Nevada.
- Breaking Down the PA Online Gambling Market: Harrah’s Philadelphia – Eric Ramsey continues the series analyzing the potential of the PA market and its participants.
- Competitive Esports Nearly as Popular as Football Among 14 to 21 Year Olds – According to a poll published by a MA college newspaper, and latched on to by every esports publication.
- Orlando Magic’s Foray Into Esports Helps Make Gaming Big Business – Will be entering the new NBA2k competitive league.
- Sierra Leone Held the World’s First Blockchain Powered Election – Proof of concept coming out of the African nation.
- Bitcoin Sports Betting Site Under Investigation in Australia – Justbet is currently the subject of an investigation after registering its domain in an Australian island territory, but having its IP address traced to Costa Rica.