- Sports Betting Legalization Gets MGM Resorts to Reconsider Expansion – Purchase Empire City, but whether or not the racino will be authorized for sports betting is still up in the air.
- Draftkings, Fanduel Generate About $220m in Entry Fees in May – Total revenue between the two operators approached $25m, before costs.
- NJ Sports Betting Almost Done – Bill sails through legislature unanimously and heads to governor’s desk.
- Paddy Power Betfair Signs Market Access Deals in NY, NJ – Will launch with Tioga Downs (NY), Meadowlands (NJ), likely under the Fanduel brand. Another article here.
- Gambling Grows in Moral Acceptance Over Past Decade – 69% of Americans says gambling is morally acceptable, the highest level in 16 years.
- Legal Sports Gambling’s Future: Younger and Less Wealthy Bettors – Market expected to reach $6b by 2023, if 32 states allow it.
- As Sports Betting Goes Legit, a Home Team’s Win Can Mean Bookmakers Lose – The success of the Golden Knights shows a potential home-field downside for betting operators.