- Foxwoods Live Dealer Social Games Could Be Dry Run For The Real Thing – Nice article from PlayUSA.com.
- Pariplay Enters Italian iGaming Market – Makes deal with StarCasino.it to supply content.
- UKGC Financial Penalties Reach Nearly $27m in 2017-18 – The UK clampdown on gambling companies has resulted in record fines.
- Sweden Expected to Open Up Online Poker Market to International Operators – Svenska Spel monopoly is disappearing.
- US Sports Betting Market Projected to Be Worth Billions More Than Previously Believed – Analysts say the market size will reach $5.2b by 2023.
- Czech iGaming Market Spikes After Regulatory Revamp – Market rose 56% YoY.
- Mexico’s Online Gambling Industry To Improve – Review of Federal gaming law underway.
- Hard Rock’s AC Online Casino Provider Just Got Approved – And HR subsequently soft launched (link)
- 5 Takeaways From Indiana State Supreme Court Hearing on Fantasy Sports, Athlete Compensation – IN Supreme Court heard arguments Thursday on a case pitting fantasy sports companies against athletes who want compensation for the use of their names, photos, and statistics.
- Lawmakers Could Revisit Mississippi Sports Betting in Special Session – Considering how to best modernize the gambling laws within the state to accommodate sports betting.
- Illinois Sports Betting Legislative Hearings May Take Place Next Month – Hearings could take place in July to consider sports betting within the state.
- Lottoland Will Continue to Work in Australia Despite Ban – Australia’s parliament formally approved a bill prohibiting lottery betting, but Lottoland does not seem to care.
- Idaho Considering Historical Horse Racing Machines Again – After instituting and subsequently banning the activity, Idaho is considering it again.
- Microtransactions Can Move Popular Online Games Closer to Online Gambling – Social games and esports are blurring the lines between what is gambling and what is not.
- Taunt Esports Raises $3m To Build Fan Interaction Platform – Seattle based startup raises funds in a round led by the Foundry Group.
- Bittrex CEO Joins Unikrn Advisory Board – Bittrex is one of the largest crypto exchanges, and Unikrn is a crypto/esports betting business.