- PA Casino Operators Succeed in Changing iLottery Marketing – Fall short of suspension of games, as PA lottery appears to have overstepped its bounds in the market.
- Record Indian Gaming Revenues Not Exactly Helping Tribal-State Relations – The industry is bigger than anticipated, and relationships are hot across the country.
- Bar Games That Look Like Slots in Virginia Are Considered Not Gambling – Walks like a duck, quacks like a duck, but it’s not a duck in Virginia.
- When Sports Betting is Legal, The Value of Game Data Soars – Interesting NY Times article on the impending data wars, and everything that comes along with it. Also exposes SportRadar as serving offshore operators.
- Draftkings Launches Fantasy Tennis to Coincide With Wimbledon – Newest game to enter DFS, but is revenue plateauing as sports betting begins to rear its head?
- What NJ Can Tell Us About the Loyalty Of Online Poker Players – Rutgers University released a study – as they do each year – and it still shows poker players are very loyal to their site.
- Revenue Sharing or Taxes? It’s All The Same – Rhode Island passed sports betting with a 51% “revenue share” — which is really a 51% effective tax rate.
- In-App Purchases Accused of Predatory Gambling Techniques By Australian Study – New study by psychology researchers at the University of Adelaide has lambasted in-game purchases due to their resemblance to gambling, dubbing the techniques as predatory.
- French Regulator ARJEL Weighs in On Loot Boxes – Calls for Pan-European action to lean on developers to curb loot box growth.