- UK Regulator Puts Breaks on Stars Group Takeover of Sky Bet – The UK’s Competition and Markets Authority (CMA) has called a complete halt to any further action to merge the two companies, citing competition concerns.
- NFLPA Says Players Concerned About Privacy Regarding Legal Sports Gambling – “That information – what our athletes are doing, where they’re going – has a price tag on it. And as more money goes into sports betting, that price tag goes up.”
- Former Macau Triad Gangster’s ICO Raises $750M in Five Minutes For Cryptocurrency Backed Poker Tournaments in China – Title says it all, really.
- Parx, Mt. Airy, Stadium Casino Apply For iGaming Licenses in PA – Other groups following shortly, breaking the stalemate. Mt. Airy likely to launch with poker at the outset, and Parx recently hired Matt Cullen to take the helm of interactive after the departure of Don Ryan.
- For the First Time, Gamblers Bet on Sports at Meadowlands Racetrack – Fanduel sportsbook opens. Many issues with the betting lines, but it’s open and taking live bets, with issues being fixed quickly.
- This Week in Sports Betting: Solid Start in NJ, Draftkings Raising Big $ – Overview of the week of news.
- Scout Fantasy Suing CBS Interactive – Breach of contract, stealing Facebook page are among the accusations.
- New Deal Gives Churchill Downs Operational Control of Nemacolin – CDI will own one PA casino and operate another.
- MLB Will Release a Crypto Baseball Game on the Blockchain – Baseball collectibles like cards and bobbleheads are being revamped for a blockchain game.
- Esports Coming to High Schools, Thanks to PlayVS – Startup has raised $15m in a round of venture capital funding.
- Esports Summer Camp For Kids Where Yoga and Nutrition Are Part of the Package – The camp infuses training, nutrition, speakers, and activities to teach esports players skills they need to find success that goes beyond gaming.