- First “Month” of NJ Sports Betting Results Are In – $16m in wagers, $3.5m in revenue. However, this includes futures tickets that have not paid out yet, artificially pumping up hold. This only records 17 days from 3 sportsbooks (Borgata, Monmouth Park, Ocean Resorts – open for 6 days in June). If the futures # is removed, the clean revenue is $1.2m, or a 7.8% hold. These early numbers are promising and will likely rise dramatically over the coming months.
- Online Betting Reveals Possible Doubles Match-Fixing at Wimbledon – Officials at Pinnacle Sports flagged an early round men’s doubles match for suspicious betting patterns.
- Ohio Sports Betting Next Year? – Lawmakers introduce bill to legalize wagering.
- NBA’s Silver on Sports Betting Integrity Fees: “Not a Place Where We’ve Made a Lot of Progress” – Argument is gaining little traction in legislatures as policymakers become more educated.
- Minnesota Student Wins $1m Jackpot on Jackpocket – The online lottery app that was recently allowed in MN has a huge winner right out of the gate.
- Over 540 Arrested For Online Football Gambling in China – Bitcoin betting ring with more than $1.5B involved is swept up in an investigation.
- Sports Betting in NJ Strip Mall Through Legal Loophole? – The strip mall used to be a racetrack, and are trying to push for access to the market.
- Legalized Sports Betting to Benefit TV Networks – Morgan Stanley analyst believes companies will be spending between $5b-$10b on sports betting ads by 2025.
- Meadowlands to Open Fanduel Branded Sportsbook – Will accommodate roughly 450 patrons at the outset, with plans to house just under 700 at full completion.
- PA Accepting Sportsbook Operator, Manufacturer, and Supplier Applications – To date, nobody has applied. However with the deadline looming, applications are expected shortly.
- Skill Gaming Parlors Swept in Ohio – Federal authorities and the state gambling commission appear to be investigating these hybrid-gambling parlors.
- Draft Rules Would Allow Up To 3,000 Historical Horse Racing Machines in VA – Colonial Downs and Revolutionary Racing looking to create a new market.
- Draftkings Looking To Raise $200m at $1.5b Valuation – It is not clear how that valuation is justified, but they’ve been great at raising capital in the past.
- 8 Week, $8 Million Fortnite Tournament Kicks Off – This weekend will see Fortnite’s first major tournament series kick off.