- All of the States Around Connecticut Expected to Have iGaming Legislative Action – MA, NH, RI, NY are likely to take a close look as the 2018 legislative session opens.
- New York Senate Plans Hearing on “Potential of Sports Betting” In The State – The Racing, Gaming, and Wagering Committee will discuss this on January 24th.
- Indiana Sports Betting Bill Includes Hefty “Integrity Fee” Paid to Sports Leagues – 1% of handle, not gross revenue. Interesting, as there has been lobbying to not increase the federal excise tax – .25% of handle. This could make the leagues billions of dollars.
- New Owners of AC Ocean Resort Casino Want “Bet in Market” For Sportsbook – Deifik’s group purchased the former Revel/TEN resort for $200m, and appears to have big plans, announcing they’ll invest another $175m on improvements.
- Gambling.com Launches Localized Version for US Market – Aims to enter the emerging regulated market.
- Michigan Lottery Launches Affiliate Program With Income Access – First of its kind program for a US lottery, allowing program members to promote iLottery sales. Affiliate program caps at a 20% revenue share, based on 20+ player acquisitions per month.
- Asus Sets up Chinese Esports Company With $16m Investment – Taiwan based electronics company plans to setup its first esports team to compete in Tencent’s League of Legends Pro League.
- League of Legends Streamer Attracts 300k Viewers in 20 Minutes, Crashes Twitch.tv – Tyler “Tyler1” Steinkamp kicked off his first stream after being unbanned from League of Legends by breaking Twitch’s record for the most concurrent viewers on a non-event. Stream hit nearly 400k viewers at its peak.
- Tickets Sold Out for Overwatch League’s Opening Day – Arena has a capacity of 450 seats, plus guest boxes.
- IBM, Comcast Back New Blockchain Startup Fund – Backing investment fund focused on scaling early stage startups that help enterprises use blockchain technology.
- Overstock Leads $2m Funding for Blockchain Voting Startup – Mobile platform Voatz raised over $2.2m in the round.