- DFS Tax in New York Nets State $3m in One Year – Or the equivalent of under 2 days of toll revenue at the George Washington Bridge. New York held a public hearing on DFS where Assemblyman Gary Pretlow admitted he vastly overestimated the amount of tax revenue NY would receive when passing law.
- Yggdrasil Expands Into Table Games – Global slot provider that experienced major growth is expanding its game portfolio with table games technology.
- Another Year Means Another Futile Attempt at Banning Online Poker – Steve Ruddock puts together a timeline of events that chronicles the roller coaster of the iPoker market in the USA.
- West Virginia Takes Another Crack at Legalizing Online Gambling – A bill has been reintroduced in the WV legislature.
- Sports Betting Bills Anticipated to Sail Through 11 States in 2018 – Eilers and Krejcik opine that 18 states will introduce legislation, with 11 states to pass.
- Western Michigan University Building $500k Arena, Launching Team – WMU is creating a new club sports program to be housed in a new arena.
- Overwatch League Kicks Off – The future of esports arrives with the much anticipated, well-funded Overwatch league kickoff.
- Kodak’s Stock Doubles After Camera Firm Announces Blockchain Project – CEO says blockchain is more than a buzzword, and will help photographers assert control over their work. The stock rose 119%.
- Blockchain is Changing Our World: Here Are The Best Practical Examples of How It is Used in 2018 – Short article on where blockchain is relevant.