- Five Years, Five Biggest Lessons Learned From NJ Online Gambling – Great article highlighting learnings from the New Jersey market.
- Alabama Looks at Legalizing Fantasy Sports – The proposed Fantasy Contests Act would legalize and regulate paid-entry contests in the state.
- Lawmakers in Missouri Are Buying What The Sports Leagues Are Selling – Sports betting bills in Missouri are advancing what the leagues want.
- FACEIT Brings $1m CS:GO Major to Wembley in London – The event will see 10,000 fans fill the Wembley Arena in September.
- FanAI Raises $2.5m To Use AI To Monetize Esports Audiences – A who’s who of esports VC’s participated in the round.
- Sports Stars, Franchises and Hollywood Agencies Are Betting $38m on an Esports Revolution – Vision Esports just closed a $38m round with participation from Kevin Durant, Shamrock Holdings, Odell Beckham Jr, and others.
- Overwatch League Viewers Spend $121,243 on “Twitch Bits” Last Night – The “twitch bits” are little “bits” that can be dropped to cheer for their favorite team or player.
- UK Treasury Launches Inquiry Into Cryptocurrency – The investigation will examine the role of cryptocurrencies in the UK, including potential “opportunities and risks” for consumers, the business community, and government.