- New York Takes Raffle Sales Online; Will Poker, Sports Betting Be Next? – Gov. Cuomo recently signed the Charitable Gaming Act, a law which authorizes online lottery sales.
- The Ohio Gambling Commission Will Oversee Daily Fantasy Sports – But it’s definitely not gambling.
- Delaware Working Towards Single Game Sports Betting – Gov. Carney and officials in the state have already started working on a possible rollout of legal sports betting on single games.
- iGaming Still Growing in the UK – The “internet gaming fad” just won’t quit.
- Betting Could Aid Esports’ Mainstream Push, Macquarie Report Says – Increased betting is likely to play an important role in the futher march of esports towards becoming a mainstream entertainment product.
- “Gaming Disorder” to be Classified as a Mental Health Disorder in 2018 – The World Health Organization will have Gaming Disorder listed under ‘disorders due to substance use or addictive behavior.’ This may end up leading to stricter regulation for video and social games.
- Blockchain Will Make Loyalty Programs Actually Work, Says Orioncoin CEO – Unveils preparations for a new blockchain platform that addresses complexities in conventional loyalty programs.
- Why The Service Industry Needs Blockchain – Short article on some potential applications of blockchain technology.
- Blockchain Demand Pumps New Live into IBM, Other Old-School Tech Companies – Demand is growing so much, and 2018 should be another interesting year for the technology.