- William Hill Eyes Penn National Acquisition – The only sure bet into the US iGaming market is if you have a land-based presence, and there are very few major multi-jurisdictional deals left. William Hill might close up to 900 retail shops in the UK, which makes the US push more urgent for the business. The deal makes sense, and Penn would sell at a massive premium. Penn is pursuing deals with sports leagues for sports betting, in a vein similar to MGM.
- NJ Woman Hits Largest Online Slots Jackpot – Nearly $288k won at Sugarhouse online, a Rush Street product.
- Augur, a Blockchain-Based Betting Platform, Could Cause Napster-Like Legal Issues – Augur’s software lets people bet on anything.
- Ohio State Senators Introduce Bill to Legalize Sports Betting – It’s a placeholder, but it should be filled soon.
- Fanduel Inks Deal With Dash – Will accept cryptocurrency transactions.
- Esports Legitimizes Itself, It Doesn’t Need The Olympics – Unikrn CEO Rahul Sood argues the Olympics needs Esports.
- Overwatch League Expanding to Include Esports Franchises for Atlanta, Guangzhou – Blizzard officially announces the addition to the OWL.