Daily Fantasy Sports
- Sky Bet Entering Daily Fantasy Sports – Sky Bet enters into a joint venture with Dribble to complement existing suite of fantasy games with a DFS style game. It appears that Sky is also ramping to launch another DFS product with Flower City Gaming, called MatchDay. The iOS application was quietly released on July 28, 2017.
- Maine Legalizes Fantasy Sports – Becomes the 15th overall state to put law on the books to legalize DFS. Calls for a $2500 licensing fee, 10% tax on GGR, minimum age of 18, and other standard regulatory points.
- West Virginia Discussing Legal Sports Betting, Should PASPA Be Repealed by SCOTUS – WV introduced sports betting legislation earlier this year, and the director of the West Virginia Lottery has been monitoring it closely.
- Smash.gg Raises $11 Million For Esports Tournament Platform – Platform aims to help organized esports competitions at a grassroots level so players and spectators can create smaller events from the ground up, rather than waiting for much bigger tournaments to be organized from the top down.
- Greycroft’s Jon Goldman Raises $15.6 Million Fund For VR, AR, Esports, and Games – Greycroft venture partner Goldman will be investing the fund on his own as he looks for small investments ranging from $50k-$500k per startup. He has already made 20 investments.
- Disney Eyes Entry into Esports in Orlando – Disney is reportedly considering entering esports by hosting video game championships in Orlando.
- Skillz Lands Two New Patents for Esports Market – Patents cover the technology behind Skillz Arena – an event platform – and a piece for mobile video capture and live-streaming technology.
- MX4D Theater Setup For Esports Is Interesting – Motion seats, immersive theater view make for a unique esports viewing experience.
- DOTA International Is Officially The Biggest Esports Tournament in History – Prize pool is almost $23 Million.
- Revenue Sharing Between Teams, Leagues Considered in NA LCS Format – There is unrest among teams which may lead to this shift in model.
- Lottery Revenue Dipping Slowly in Oregon After Opening of New Casino – Lottery slowdown is less than predicted, according to analysts.
New Jersey Online Gambling
- A Short Overview of playMGM’s Launch in New Jersey – Highlights include the launch bonus offers, game types, etc.
- iGaming Boosts William Hill H1 Revenues – New turnaround under Crispin Neibor and new CEO Philip Bowcock.
- Amaya Rebrands as The Stars Group, Moves Headquarters to Toronto from Montreal – The company announced the completion of its rebranding process.