- Playtech Sets its Sights On the US Market – The massive supplier applies for a NJ license.
- Connecticut Sports Betting Efforts Stall – It appears Gov. Malloy has abandoned the prospect of a special session.
- Breakdown of PA DFS Market – Fanduel and Draftkings lead, others are operating at a loss. The state is the biggest winner.
- Monmouth Park Looking to Get Online For Sports Betting – “Confident” they will be launched by football season.
- William Hill Joins IGT in Rhode Island Sports Betting – IGT will provide the platform, William Hill will provide the risk management services. Rhode Island sports betting will launch later than expected, likely in November.
- Richard Sherman Launches DFS Platform – Despite saying DFS dehumanizes athletes, Richard Sherman is finding himself in the business with a simplified product called Daily Number.
- Poker Given Sporting Status in Ukraine – Exempts game from anti-gambling laws.
- PlayMGM and SugarHouse Apps Hit NJ Market – Sports betting is launched for the two operators, joining Draftkings. The SugarHouse launch bodes well for Pennsylvania, while Rush Street Interactive is targeting expansion., operating in places like Colombia that took in 54m EUR on the World Cup.
- The Boomtown Reno Online Gambling Story, Revisited – The casino came under fire of the NVGCB in May after it was unveiled they had affiliate links to offshore operators.
- Bethard Group In Talks Over US B2B Opportunity – The group is in talks with an unnamed US entity to lead the company’s entry to market.
- Sen. Orrin Hatch Delivers Speech on Sports Betting in Congress – Will introduce a bill that aims for some semblance of federal oversight.
- College Football Back for DFS – Draftkings re-launches NCAA football DFS, and other sports betting news.
- PA Casinos Sue State Lottery – The state is running casino-style gaming, and the casinos are angry.
- New York: Millions Lost as a Result of Inaction on Sports Wagering – The NY legislature failed to act on sports betting and as a result the black market continues to generate revenue, while NY and its business stakeholders will see none of it.
- New CT Lottery CEO Optimistic, Despite Past Issues – Greg Smith looks to turn around the CT lottery.
- Draftkings Applies For WV Sports Betting – But does not have a partnership in place.
- Shooting at Madden Tournament in Jacksonville – Tragedy at a Madden event in Florida puts a spotlight on the scene, while the community mourns.
- Doing The Math on Sports Betting – David Copeland from BettingJobs puts together a short primer for operators considering the opportunity.
- New Greek Casino Project Considers Pitches from US Companies – Mohegan, Caesars, LV Sands, Hard Rock among the contenders. The Greece-approved online betting turnover topped 5.3b EUR in 2017.
- DC-Baltimore Region Surpasses NY to Become Nation’s 4th Largest Casino Market – Only Vegas, AC, and Chicago are in front.