- Delaware Casinos May See Tax Cuts – Gov. Carney has agreed to discuss a proposed reform of casino taxes, which may include online gaming.
- Would Legalized Sports Betting Help States Get Out Of The Hole? – Wall Street Journal opines.
- A Lawmaker Finally Asks The Online Gambling Question We’ve Been Waiting to Hear – Missouri Rep. Peter Merideth says they should be talking about mobile gambling, in addition to sports betting.
- Litigation Possible in Data Rights Case With PGA – Could have implications on sports betting. The NY Times and WaPo argue that the leagues don’t have data property rights in the facts of a sporting event.
- DePaul Unveils New Gaming Center – Launching esports program in the Big East. Will be the 7th team.
- Esports Bookmaking is a Billion-Dollar Industry – Globally, the business is big and growing.
- Studio for Esports and Poker To Open at Aria – In partnership with Poker Central and ESP Gaming, the 10k square foot studio will feature enough space for up to 300 people, including 120 fans and event spectators.
- Coinbase Announces Venture Fund for Early Stage Blockchain Startups – The market’s dominant cryptocurrency wallet is investing in new blockchain businesses.
- IBM Joins Group Building a Blockchain-Based Global Identity Network – Sovrin Foundation is seeking to build a global, decentralized ID system based on blockchain technology.
- LendingCoin Seeks $79.5m to Fuel Blockchain Based Real Estate Lending Platform – LendingCoin has filed with the SEC indicating its intent to raise $69.5m to launch its platform.
- SEC Freezes $27m in Stock Trades From Longfin – Claims illicit sales were made when the company pivoted to blockchain.