- Spain Proposes Sweeping Cuts to iGaming Taxes – New budget proposes lowering the tax rate from 25% to 20% to encourage more operators to enter the market. The market is expected to reach $1.22b by 2023.
- NBA’s Adam Silver Discusses OTT Gambling Microtransactions – Touts the ability to place wagers directly on OTT platforms while watching games as a major opportunity for the NBA.
- PA Regulators Approve Multiple Skins Per iGaming License – Article breaks down what this means, and another article hits the high point; this forces “skins” to piggyback on existing casino domain names. We’re likely to see some interesting corporate structures to create a normal looking market.
- Lottoland Australia Proposes Profit-Sharing Deal to Newsagents – Facing a ban in Australia, Lottoland is proposing that newsagents receive 20% of all profits generated from every bet on overseas lotteries, based on play that newsagents refer to Lottoland Australia through an affiliate program.
- Rank Hails Digital Growth Despite Group Revenue Decline – Rank reported a 17% YoY increase in digital revenue, despite a 2% drop in group revenue.
- Data Company RotoQL Raises $3m For Sports Betting Product – Investors include early Fanduel investors, and David Stern, the former NBA commissioner.
- Missouri Lawmaker: It’s Going to be Tough To Pass Sports Betting Bill in 2018 – There was a hearing on sports betting in Missouri yesterday that saw one representative ask if the profits could be more than the wagers, with the same representative stating that she thinks it is easier for the leagues to ensure integrity in the black market than in a regulated market. Missouri is a little behind the 8-ball on this one. An Illinois panel also took up sports betting, with similar testimony from the leagues, and similar testimony from their opponents. There’s also sports betting movement in Minnesota.
- Golf, Sports Data, and Regulation – There’s some conflicting case law about IP and data rights in sports. Golf is a little different than the other sports due to its unique method of collection, and this article explains a little bit about it.
- Boyd Gaming CEO on PA Entry: “Online Gaming is Important to Us” – Boyd CEO Keith Smith touted the opportunity to offer online gaming as one of the reasons Boyd targeted Valley Forge.
- PA GCB Study Shows Horse Wagering Up 3% in 2017 – Study about the impact of casinos on horse racing showed that wagering on horses went up.
- Is the NFL Really Coming Around on Sports Betting? – Overview of sports betting and the football league.
- Adam Silver Vows to Develop Esports Entity as “Fourth League in Our Family” – NBA2k League had their draft, and the NBA Commissioner is excited about the future.
- Giants Gaming Becomes Vodafone Giants With New Partnership – Spanish gaming organization will have 35 players competing under the Vodafone flag.
- How True Flip is Pushing the iGaming Envelope – Blockchain based gambling technology is emerging, and it’s interesting.
- China Completes The World’s First Gasoline Shipment Using Blockchain – China successfully used the technology for a shipment of gasoline from China to Singapore.