- 3 State Online Poker Pool to Debut May 1 – WSOP.com and 888Poker.com plan to go live in New Jersey, Nevada, and Delaware.
- Anti-Mafia Probe Leads To Three iGaming Companies Ending Their Own Licenses – The Malta Gaming Authority lead an investigation concerning mob activity that involves its Italian license holders. As a result, three companies unilaterally terminated their own licenses.
- NBA Playoffs Bracket Challenge Skirts “Gambling” Designation – Bracket challenge awards a grand prize of $1m to anyone who can correctly ID the winning team of each upcoming playoff series, and the number of games they’ll clinch the series in.
- Online Poker Could Be Better Than a Bailout For New York Casinos – Projections say iPoker in New York would generate around $50m in revenue.
- Eldorado Buys Tropicana Entertainment – Picks up 7 casinos in 6 states for $1.85b, and also buys the Grand Victoria Casino in Elgin, IL from MGM. All of a sudden, Eldorado joins Penn National as one of the most interesting organizations for iGaming.
- Scientific Games Conducts “Product Review Sessions” With NJ Regulators – No surprise, as NJ prepares for sports betting.
- Dubai Sets Sights on Becoming Global Capital For Esports – Announce Dubai X-Stadium, a project aimed at making the emirate the region’s first dedicated esports stadium, in an effort to become a global hub.
- How Texas’ New Esports Initiative is Shaping Gaming in the Lone Star State – Plans revealed for a $10m esports stadium.
- Austin Test Uses Blockchain to Improve ID For The Homeless – City is piloting a system that uses blockchain identifiers to safeguard the IDs and vital records of homeless people in a way that is more accessible for service providers.
- Blockchain Experts in Demand at Mastercard – Corporation seeks to further incorporate the technology into their company and needs skilled help to do it.
- Santander Launches Blockchain Payments Service – European financial giant has become the first bank to use blockchain technoloy for the international transfer of customer funds, via Ripple enabled technology.
- Baidu Launches Blockchain Photo Service – Chinese search engine launched its blockchain stock photo service to help protect IP in China.