- Optimistic Speaker Says Gaming This Session is “Complex” – CT speaker understands both the nuances of gaming issues and the gaming landscape within the state are complex. Another article references that gaming issues and legal pot are likely to wait until 2019.
- Connecticut Sports Betting a “Heavy Lift” For This Session – Speaker Joe Aresimowicz isn’t optimistic about something passing in this session.
- Virginia Governor Signs Bill to Allow Gambling Machines at Colonial Downs – May open the door for historical horse racing online as well.
- iGaming Skins in PA Are Interesting – Here’s a rundown about why it’s almost good, but not quite there yet.
- Huuuge Games, Doubledown Interactive, High 5 Games, Playtika Hit With Gambling Lawsuits in Washington State – Filed last week, the suits center around the argument that these companies have been offering “gambling” to WA state residents.
- New NY Sports Betting Bill Seeks to Establish Task Force to Study Expanded Wagering – Clyde Vanel, a first term assemblyman, is fighting for sports betting in NY. He chairs the subcommittee on Internet and New Technology.
- New “US Sports Integrity” Website Pushes Leagues’ Vision on Sports Betting Data – Genius Sports appears to be aligned with the leagues, which is no surprise as MLB and PGA Tour are both partners of Genius.
- Why SAP is Breaking Into Esports With Team Liquid Partnership – Software company SAP announced a 3 year partnership with Team Liquid, to develop software based on in-game data with the goal of helping the team analyze and improve team performance in training, scouting new talent, and during competition.
- PlayUSA.com Launches Twitch-Channel for Legal iGaming – Will include personalities that are streaming from regulated US iGaming markets.
- Lucidity Uses The Blockchain to Bring More Transparency to Online Ads – Aims to cut down on ad fraud.
- YouTube and Facebook Are Losing Creators to Blockchain Powered Rivals – Some say privacy concerns, censorship, and a coming ban on cryptocurrency ads are driving them away from the big names.
- Blockchain is “Going Mainstream” – Says one European Commission official.
- CasinoCoin Information – Overview of CSC, the coin aiming to serve the emerging blockchain/crypto gambling market.