Skip to content
- Pariplay Wins Mobile Gaming Software Award – EGR B2B awards conclude and Pariplay wins best mobile gaming software award for 2018.
- New Letters Reveal NFL, NBA, MLB, and Colleges’ Problems With PA Sports Betting Law – Public comments have been released by PA, shedding good insight into what the leagues are thinking. Some really interesting tidbits in here.
- No Sports Betting in New York This Year – Legislature fails to pass the bill as the session closes.
- Rhode Island Sports Betting Bill Passes Legislature – Waiting for Governor’s signature, which will undoubtedly be given, as she was the one who made the proposal for the state budget in the first place.
- Draftkings Signs Sports Betting Deal with Kambi – Launch in NJ imminent.
- Pittsburgh Pirates Emerge With Insane Stance on Sports Betting – They want money from sports betting to take care of their stadium, among other things.
- New Study: Half of Fantasy Sports Players are Sports Bettors – In one of the least surprising studies of all time, fantasy sports players are interested in sports betting.
- FanDuel is Outpacing Draftkings in Fantasy Sports Revenue – At least in Pennsylvania… as PA releases their May tax revenue report.
- Congress Allegedly Postpones Sports Betting Hearing – Reports surfacing that the originally scheduled federal hearing will be postponed.
- Dutch Gambling Regulator Calls For Innovation – Government reveals market liberalization progress.
- How Tennessee Colleges, Pro Leagues Are Reacting to Sports Betting – A look into the market, with a focus on the south.
- Still Zero Applications for PA iGaming After Two Months – No applications are in, presumably because the market conditions are terrible.
- MGM Hires Scott Butera to Oversee Sports Betting Expansion – Former Foxwoods CEO now responsible to develop MGM’s sports betting program.
- William Hill CEO: Pro Sports Teams Want Partnerships with Sportsbook Company – Joe Asher says he has been inundated with emails about partnerships with pro teams, and recently signed a deal with Las Vegas Lights, pro soccer team.
- Legal Sports Betting Not Coming to California Anytime Soon – Not a surprising piece of news.
- Proposed Legislation Would Legalize Sports Gambling in Kentucky – Democrat filed legislation that would allow any horse racing track or OTB to host sports gambling.
- Draftkings, Tech Sector Prod Lawmakers for Sports Betting in MA – And will have to contend with the casinos. Governor Baker said that it must wait for now, as the legislature has too much on its plate.
- NY Sports Betting Bill Amended Again – This is a last gasp for the bill in NY, that many do not expect to pass. The Oneida Nation also opposed sports betting in a letter to the governor.
- Mobile Betting Fueling Australia’s Online Gambling Growth – Research finds that mobile has vastly grown the market.
- New Jersey Launches Sports Betting – Exciting and interesting times!
- Rhode Island House OKs Sports Betting – Will have 51% to the state, 32% to IGT, and 17% to the casinos.
- Greentube Enters Italy with GVC – Greentube games are now in the Italian market through the large global operator.
- Caesars Plans to Enter NJ Sports Betting Market in August – Will join many others, while Caesars and MGM are readying for sports betting in Mississippi.
- MLB Bans Ads With Bookmakers – Will the ban last? The MLB and NBA are getting petty while losing their battle.
- Mohegan Sun to Open Game On! – Barcade and restaurant will open in the new convention center.
- Tropicana Inks Deal with Chalkline Sports – Readying for sports betting.
- With A Successful Online Lottery, Does Michigan Need iGaming? – Michigan lawmakers are dragging their feet on iGaming while iLottery thrives in the state. A bill passed the house but faces an uphill battle in the Senate.
- NJ iGaming Has Another Great Month in May – Tops out at $24.3m in revenue.
- Could Sports Betting Make Its Way to Georgia? – A look into the market.
- Evolution Gaming Partners 888 to Enter NJ – Will compete with Ezugi live dealer.
- Penn National Buys Social Bingo Firm – Completes acquisition of Absolute Games, will roll into Penn Interactive Ventures.